|Posted by Pl511 on October 22, 2010 at 5:28 AM||comments (2)|
The transition is finally complete, and, with a fully established forum, it is time to say goodbye to Webs. This site will still be online, but only for a short period while we move everything over. Get down to the new site at gamingpool.co.uk, and sign up to the forums.
Well, that's it from me, so see you guys in the forums!
|Posted by Pl511 on October 11, 2010 at 4:33 PM||comments (4)|
Carter's Helmet - Clear a Campaign mission on Legendary without dying.
- To do this, get close to the end of a mission on legendary, dying as many times as you like. Then, save your progress. Return to the level and finish it. This will trick the game into giving you the helmet.
Emile's Helmet - Earn a Bulltrue medal in either Multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking.
- The 'Bulltrue' medal is received for killing an opponent as he lunges for you with the standard R-Trigger attack. To get this, I would recommend trying in Multiplayer. You will really get this randomly, but an easier way is to vote for any 'Infection' game type. Hide near a corner, pull out your shotgun and wait. When an enemy comes towards you, switch off any Camo and back away quickly. This will force them to come to you, so they will use the faster attack, and probably hit the R-Trigger. You can then either side-step and Melee attack them for an instant kill, or try your luck with the shotgun. Remember that you will only have one chance in an Infection game type, so be careful to avoid any encounters that you know you will be able to win.
Jorge's Helmet - Earn a Killtacular in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- To get a 'Killtacular' medal, kill 5 enemies in 4 seconds. Yeah. Hard. I recommend trying the top floor of a Big Team Battle Spire, as you can find an Energy Sword and other strong weapons IN THE SAME PLACE. Also, it is a highly trafficked place, and if you use Active Camo, you can do it easily. Also, try Boardwalk, as you can get both the Plasma Launcher AND the Rocket Launcher within five seconds of each other.
Jun's Helmet - Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either the Campaign or Firefight.
- To do this in about 3 minutes, set your shields, health and damage to max and turn on 'Bottomless Clip' for your weapons (unlimited ammo AND you don't have to reload) on a custom Firefight game (Note: Get rid of Generators!) and set the difficulty to Legendary.
Kat's Helmet - Avenge a teammate's death in Multiplayer Matchmaking.
- EASY. Basically, look for encounters with two or more fighting opponents on a normal Team Slayer match. Wait, and if your teammate dies, finish off the weakened opponent.
Firefight Achievement Farming
With this easy method, over 300 G can be earned. To do this change the following settings:
Firefight Settings and Wave Properties
Skulls on: Mythic, Catch, Tough Luck, Famine, Tilt, Black Eye, Grunt Birthday, Cowbell, IWHBYD.
Waves: Initial, Main and Boss
Uses Dropship: Enabled
Squad Selection Order: Ordered
All Squads: Elites
(Remember to adjust ALL of the waves to these settings.)
Bonus Wave Duration: 2 Minutes
Uses Dropship: Enabled
Skulls on: Mythic, Catch, Tough Luck, Famine, Cloud, Tilt, Black Eye, Grunt Birthday, Cowbell, IWHBYD.
Squad Selection Order: Random
All Squads: Elites
Wave Properties menu
Game Options/Firefight Settings menu
Wave Limit: No Limit
Turn Count: No Turns
Time Limit: No Limit
Generator Properties menu
Generator Count: Disabled
Spawn Order: Sequence
Loss Condition: Lose All
Scenario Settings Menu
Weapon Drops: Enabled
Ammo Crates: Enabled
Game Options Menu
Base Traits Menu: Shields and Health
Damage Resistance: Invulnerable
Immune to Headshots: Enabled
Immune to Assassination: Enabled (Note: This is VERY important. Even if you are invulnerable, you will still be immune to Assassination. Remember to check this one.)
Base Traits Menu: Weapons and Damage
Damage Modifier: 300%
Melee Modifier: 300%
Primary Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Secondary Weapon: DMR
Starting Equipment: Jet Pack
Infinite Ammo: Bottomless Clip
Equipment Usage: Unlimited
Base Traits Menu: Movement
Player Speed: 200% (You can go higher, but it gets a bit crazy)
Base Traits Menu: Sensors
Motion Tracker Mode: Enhanced Mode
Motion Tracker Range: 150 Meters
With all these settings in place, the following achievements can be earned as follows:
Lucky Me: Earn a 'Triple Kill' medal while Jetpacking.
A Spoonful of Blamite: Kill 10 enemies in Firefight or Campaign with a supercombine explosion. (Turn the weapon settings to 75% damage for your own guns. This will make supercombine explosions easier. Then pick up a Needler or Needle Rifle, and you're done.)
An Elegant Weapon...: Kill 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the DMR.
Blaze of Glory: Score 200,000 points in Firefight.
Crowd Control: Earn a 'Killionaire' medal (10 kills within 4 seconds) in Firefight.
Firestarter: Score 50,000 points in Firefight.
Game, Set, Match: Complete 1 Firefight set on Legendary without dying.
Heat in a Pipe: Score 1,000,000 points in Firefight.
I See You Favour a .45: Kill 10 Enemies in Firefight or Campaign with the M6G pistol.
That's a Knife: Do an Assassination on an enemy.
A Storage Solution: Using the File Browser, upload a file to your File Share.
- Go to Theater mode, then Temporary Files, and upload any file to File Share.
Cool File, Bro: Recommend a file to someone.
- After doing the previous achievement, go to your File Share and select 'Recommend' (Note: may be worded differently.)
A New Challenger: Complete all of the Daily Challenges in a given day.
- Can't really help, but my advice is to try to do this on days when you have a lot of free time. For 'killing x numbers of enemy in any game mode', use the custom Firefight Settings above. Also, go for the hardest challenges first. You may do other easier ones while you do them.
|Posted by Pl511 on October 10, 2010 at 4:54 AM||comments (2)|
If you haven't already checked out the new version of the site, visit gamingpool.co.uk. IT'S AWESOME. Seriously. Go visit now.
I have been panning for broken links, and so far I have found two. Basically, Nithle, the page containing the pokémon mystery dungeon: explorers of sky review actually contains the Ring of Fates review. Nothing big, but I was a little confused... Secondly, you could sort reviews in terms of series. I know you've already done this, but for the Pokemon series you could put all of them under the same heading.
Also, do you want me to sort out the forums? With a new theme, I mean, or do you want to do it yourself? I don't know. Maybe I'll try and work on it today. It DOES work perfectly though, so sign up for it with your email under your normal username.
|Posted by chumble on October 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM||comments (9)|
For the HTML site that Nithle has been working on, the bar at the top of the page (the one with 'Gaming Pool' and that gradient effect background?) looks a bit dull compared to the '.webs.com' one. As a result, I decided to create a concept title bar for this site
What do you think? Any good? Please tell me your opinion, guise.
|Posted by Pl511 on October 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM||comments (0)|
Major Update. 'gamingpool.co.uk' is now mine! Try it for yourself. Here's a link, just in case you happen to be lazy:
('www.' and 'http://' are not needed)
I can change this quickly, so, when the HTML version is ready, we can easily switch. The price, by the way was £7.03, so any contributions would be great (please?). Also, the domain was bought from 'Domain Monster,' not 123Reg, as apparently the latter is useless.
|Posted by Pl511 on September 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM||comments (1)|
Final Fantasy's coming out tomorrow. Looks good, and, from what I've heard, is good. I love RPGs, so I'm hoping I'lllike this. However, there are two things bothering me.
1. Subscription fee. Because its an MMORPG, there will likely be one. I'm not really willing to fork out that much money just so I can play this game. Sure I'll pay the initial cost, but having a subscription for a single game seems a bit of a waste.
2. Time limit. Apparently you can only level for 8 hours a week. This will most likely mean I lose interest when my time runs out he first week, so I'm not sure if I should get this...
Anyway, I'm thinking positive at the moment. I'll see what it's actually like tomorrow...
|Posted by Pl511 on September 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM||comments (0)|
Look to the top left of your web page now, and you should see something a little new. I know its not great, but at least it replaces the empty 'page' icon that used to be in its place.
Anyway, content wise, there hasn't been anything recent. But as you can see from his blog post, Nithle is creating an HTML version of this site that will give him (and hopefully me) a bit more control over hosting and the design of a site. This will probably cost a little money (and a lot of Nithle's time), so don't expect to see it for a long time, but progress is being made. Check out his blog post for a little more info.
My excuse for no content is Halo: Reach. I have been playing it none stop in all my free time, but in the next week I've got (at least) two reviews (and maybe a guide) that will be published by next Sunday.
Oh wait! Hi to the two new members Just_Case_Fan_583 (I know it was meant to be Just Cause, if you want to change it just message me) and chumble. Look around and comment on this page if you have any ideas for improvement.
|Posted by Pl511 on August 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM||comments (1)|
Happy Birthday Nithle!
|Posted by Pl511 on July 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM||comments (1)|
Sorry for no recent action from me, but for the last two weeks and a bit I've been at a DI4R camp and also on a cycling trip in Grantham. Anyway, as you have probably (or HOPEFULLY) or all noticed, Gaming Pool has a new look. I decided to change it because the old "Leaf" design stopped working for me. If anyone has any suggestions for the colour of the lightning, I can choose from a few different colours so comment me. I choose purple as I thought it looked the coolest, but if anyone has any other ideas I'll be happy to change it.
Today I also updated the Members Info page on the R&W page, and reintroduced the old 'Review Count' and added a Guide Count as well. As I said in the last post, Guides can be literally about anything that could help a player, i.e. mini guides for levels or other areas of a game, cheats or passwords, or even just their own tips or hints to any aspect of the game. They can also be as short as 50 or so words, as they will be split into different sections in R&W anyway.
As far as recruitment is going, its not working. However, SpottyCows has said that he will help advertise Gaming Pool on some of his YouTube videos.
On August the fourth, I'm going to try again for Google AdSense for Gaming Pool, so try to clear up any member-locked pages or broken links by then. If we get this, we would need an income of about 5p a day to maintain a domain name. Currently, I have reserved 'http//www.gamingpool.co.uk', so if we are accepted for Google AdSense, that will be this site's new domain.
Oh, and finally, over the next few weeks SpottyCows and I will have two or three days of reviewing (and/or guiding) in a row to kick-start this Summer's reviews (and/or guides).
Anyway, have a good Summer,
|Posted by Pl511 on July 14, 2010 at 4:19 AM||comments (0)|
As you can see from the Pokémon Rumble and the Explorers of Sky review (and the obsessively large guide to Pokémon Rumble), this week I'm trying to make up for all my previous inactivity. Basically, after a long time I've finally decided to put some work into Gaming Pool.
Okay, now I've got a question I think everyone has been asking - where is the Spartan - Total Warrior review? I mean, I know that SpottyCows has done it, but has it been uploaded or not? I'm pretty confused at its empty link on the PS2 Wiki page. Could you IM me SpottyCows?
Oh, and an answer to another question people have been asking me. No, you do not need to write as much as I do. I would write a much smaller amount for most reviews, but for some I feel that I have to explain stuff in detail (and also I start getting obsessive, and it turns into an epic). Also, to see how long one of your own guides would be, check out the new Pokémon Rumble Guide. No, not as much as that. You see the first section about Natures and Abilities? That small section is about as much as a guide needs to be. On the Pokémon Rumble Guide, I have compacted many guides together. I will be seperating it when it goes on the Wiki.